Parijat Deshpande is the only perinatal wellness expert specializing in helping women with high-risk pregnancies have healthier pregnancies and healthier babies. By guiding women to manage their stress and anxiety and manage their overall wellness, she teaches them how to give their babies a healthy start to life.
Some wisdom nuggets heading your way
- She has always known she wanted to work in women’s health in some way.
- “Growing up, I wanted to be an OBGYN.”
- Having lost a child and having high-risk pregnancies, she knew that this was where she needed to be. Helping women through the scary parts of pregnancy. Because there isn’t enough support.
- “My whole life fell apart because I have a very very high-risk pregnancy, after going through fertility treatments.”
- Doctors deal with physical health, she deals with the bigger world when it comes to pregnancy. Sleep, Mood, Family, and Healthy Eating.
- “Our emotional health impacts our mental health.”
- Works with women one on one to guide them in making smart, healthy lifestyle decisions during their high-risk pregnancy so that they can stay pregnant for as long as they can.
“I have to come back and help women who are going through this because it is ridiculous that there isn’t enough support during the really scary times.”
- Women don’t talk about how difficult it is to have a baby in the first place, so why not have someone who can help you have the best pregnancy you can.
- “There is so much to your health, in addition to your physical health, so what I do is I help women have a healthy pregnancy by managing the rest of their health.”
- We’ll cover all of that & more
More about Parijat:
Parijat Deshpande is the leading perinatal wellness expert who specializes in working with women during a high-risk pregnancy. She guides women on how to manage their stress and anxiety so they can have healthier pregnancies, decrease their risk of preterm birth and give their baby a healthy start to life.
Parijat is a clinically trained therapist, a women’s wellness expert and an experienced speaker on the impact of stress on health and wellness. She has over 4 years of experience as a Psychology Lecturer UC Berkeley and is the founder of MySahana, a South Asian mental health nonprofit. .
How to connect with her:
One Quick Favour…
If you enjoyed listening to this episode of my new podcast, then please support the show by leaving a review & subscribing on iTunes. It’s easy and takes about 30 seconds to do!
Join the Sleep Like A Boss Facebook group for support & to meet Christine who will be there to answer any questions you may have.